Shining a Light
2017 Shining a Light International Photo Exhibit Opening at the Muhamm
- Deadline: 15 December 2017
- Entry fee: Free
- Website: https://alicenter.org/programs/shining-a-light/
This year’s theme is “Experiences of Refugee Women” and the purpose of the contest is to share the efforts of individuals and organizations working toward sharing the narrative of refugee women throughout the world. In addition, the Muhammad Ali Center donates cash prizes to the non-profit/charity of choice to our top three winners. The contest is open to both professional and amateur photographers of all ages.
We are asking that submissions depict one or more of the following issues as they pertain to Refugee Women’s lived experiences:
1. Gender-Based Violence
4. Rights and Justice
5. Sexual and Reproductive Health
The exhibition of chosen photographs will be on display at the Muhammad Ali Center beginning March 2018. To submit your photo entry, please click here.
The winners will receive $1000, $750, and $500, respectively, in donation to the non-profit or non-governmental organization of their choice. In addition, the Muhammad Ali Center will issue a Press Release to recognize the winners, as well as posts identifying them on our website and social media pages.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
RULES AND LEGAL CONDITIONS
By submitting one or more photographs and participating in the “Shining A Light” photo contest, you agree to the following rules and the legal conditions:
· All photographers are welcome, both amateur and professional.
· Photographers under the age of 18 are required to submit Parental Consent Form with their submission.
· You agree to your picture(s) and name being displayed by the Muhammad Ali Center, published and/or used on websites/webpages owned by the Muhammad Ali Center and Generation Ali for an indefinite period of time.
· You agree to your picture(s) and name being displayed at other venues for an indefinite period of time.
· Participants retain ownership and all other rights to future use of their photographs, notwithstanding the rights granted above to the Muhammad Ali Center and other exhibition venues.
· The Muhammad Ali Center has the right to verify, in its sole judgment and discretion, winner eligibility.
· The Muhammad Ali Center has the right to select all winners in this contest.
· Participants warrant that their photographs:
o are original,
o are not more than three years old,
o have never been published in print or on the web,
o do not infringe on any third party’s rights,
o have obtained any and all necessary permissions from any third party that appears in the photograph.
· The Muhammad Ali Center reserves the right, in its own discretion and judgment, to disqualify any entry if it finds in its sole discretion that any of the conditions above are not met.
· All decisions by the Muhammad Ali Center and its judges concerning the photo contest are final and binding.
· Submission Deadline: Friday, December 15, 2017 5:00 PM (EST)