Xiaomi Photography Challenge 2018
Xiaomi Photography Contest: Ordinary | Extraordinary
$50,000 IN PRIZES FOR CREATIVE PHOTOS SHOT ON ANY XIAOMI PHONE
Voters from around the world will pick the best phone photographer for the 2nd Xiaomi Photography Challenge.
The Xiaomi Photography Challenge, organized by global technology leader Xiaomi, will give budding mobile photographers using Xiaomi smartphones a chance to win prizes totaling US$50,000.
The 2nd Xiaomi Photography Challenge is based on the theme “Ordinary | Extraordinary”. With the belief that even a photo from a phone can defy expectations, the contest allows participants to take creative photos using any Xiaomi phone to discover the uniqueness of everyday life. Photos will be divided into four categories: Natural look (portraits), Piece of the World (landscapes and “big” scenes), Dreamscape (light in the darkness) and Why So Serious? (creative photos).
This year’s challenge boasts a distinguished panel of judges, including Gueorgui Pinkhassov and Jerome Sessini—both members of Magnum Photos, a world renowned photographic cooperative. Wang Xiang, Xiaomi Senior Vice President, as well as Manu Jain, Vice President, Xiaomi and Managing Director, Xiaomi India, will join the panel to pick the top 100 challengers.
The final winners will be selected by Mi Fans, who will vote for their favorite photos from the top 100. From November 27th to December 6th, anyone will be able to log into mi.com to cast their votes.
The first Xiaomi Photography Challenge was held in 2017 with more than 13,000 participants from around the world, with the eventual winner awarded the 30,000 top prize.
Photography Challenge link: https://event.mi.com/en/photography2018
10000 USD for first prize in each of the four categories
2000 USD for second prize in each of the four categories
500 USD for third prize in each of the four categories
Anyone around the world can enter a photo shot using a Xiaomi phone
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
The participant (Contest entrant) hereby agrees to the following:
1) Uploaded photos for the competition, in its entirety, must be original material taken by the Contest entrant.
2) Contest entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photographs are a series of original works created solely by the Contest entrant, that the photographs do not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
3) Contest entrant must adhere to all applicable laws and regulations and must not submit any files that damages software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or photos that are off-topic, partisan-political, contain advertisements, nudity, personal attacks, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, obscene, false, sexually explicit, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
4) All relevant information submitted to Xiaomi by Contest entrant is accurate.
5) Contest entrant understands and accepts the contest rules and specifications as listed and occasionally updated by Xiaomi.
The Contest entrant will allow Xiaomi to use, modify and produce derivative marketing materials which shall include but not be limited to Xiaomi’s communication materials, social media photos, digital advertisements, televised media or its website. The Contest entrant allows Xiaomi to gain all rights with respect to photos submitted by Contest entrant without any financial remuneration on a global scale. This shall include not but not be limited to the right to use the photos in partnership with a third-party with Xiaomi, the terms of which have yet to be determined. The Contest entrant shall not authorise a third party to use the entrant’s submitted photo in this competition without Xiaomi’s agreement in writing.
In the event that any third party submits any claims, proceedings or legal action against Xiaomi based on photos derived from the Xiaomi Photography Challenge, the Contest entrant will be liable to Xiaomi for any damages, lost profits, loss of business revenue or economic loss of any kind.