10th Annual Art in Nature Photo Festival 2020
Enter the Virtual 2020 Art in Nature Photography Festival!
- Deadline: 8 July 2020
- Entry fee: Entry Fee is $20 non-members, $15 for members for the first three photos entered. It is $3 a photo after that and there is unlimited entry.
- Website: https://www.wardmuseum.org/learn-explore/program-calendar/art-nature-photo-festival/
The 10th annual Art in Nature Photography Festival will be held entirely online, July 10-12, 2020, hosted by the Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, Salisbury University.
Online entries will be accepted June 1 - July 8, 2020 for either of the two divisions: Photographer and Youth Photographer.
Contestants for the Art in Nature Photo Festival can enter photographs in any of the competition's 12 unique categories, ranging from traditional black and white to drone and aerial photography.
Images are judged on technical excellence, originality, composition, impact, artistic merit, and subject matter. The People's Choice award will be decided by a majority vote of those persons visiting the online exhibition and voting.
Winning entries will be printed and displayed in the Ward Museum after the end of the exhibition, for a period of six months. Best of Show and the first-place winners in each category will be published in the Ward Museum magazine.
• Grand Champion - Best in Show: Overall winner from any category or division. This winner will receive a $250 cash award, two tickets to the Ward Museum’s Fall Migration Gala ($100 value), a Friends Membership to the Ward Museum ($150 value), and certificate.
• Second & Third Best in Show: These winners may come from any category or division. Winners will each receive $50 cash awards, two tickets to the Ward Museum’s Fall Migration Gala ($100 value per pair), Family Memberships to the Ward Museum ($75 value each), and certificates.
• First, Second, and Third: A first, second, and third place in each category. First place winners will receive $50 each. All winners will receive Individual Memberships to the Ward Museum ($50 value) and a certificate.
• Youth Best in Division: Overall winner from the Youth Division. This winner will receive $100 cash prize, a Family Membership to the Ward Museum ($75 value), and a certificate.
• Honorable Mentions: Up to three honorable mentions in each category. Winners will receive
• Environmental Action Award: This prize will be awarded to the photograph best depicting environmentalism in action. The winning photograph will be on prominent display during the Ward Museum’s Youth Environmental Action Summit in 2021, and the winner will receive a Friends Membership to the Ward Museum ($150 value). This award will be picked by a separate judge picked by the Ward Museum and announced with People’s Choice on July 17, 2020.
The panel of judges may exclude an image if, at their sole discretion, the image is ineligible. All decisions of the panel are final.
In addition to certificate awards, the Ward Museum may also award physical goods, donated by sponsoring Corporate Partners. If there are any limitation on these items, you must meet all their requirements to receive the award. Additionally, the viewing public will have the opportunity to select one award:
• People’s Choice Award: This award is determined by popular vote (July 10-13), which will be tallied and announced on July 17, 2020. The winner will receive a Family Membership to the Ward Museum ($75 value) and a certificate.
The competition has two divisions: Photographer and Youth Photographer. The Youth division is open only to persons 17 years and under as of July 8, 2020. The Photographer division is open to persons 18 years old and older. Youth entry forms must be signed by a parent or guardian. Contest judges, Ward Foundation employees, board members, and their immediate families are welcome to exhibit images but are not eligible for any prizes, including the People’s Choice award.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
Photographers retain all their rights to any photograph entered into the
competition and show. However, all entrants (or their parent or guardian), by entering an image, grant the Ward Museum a royalty-free, non-exclusive right to display the photograph in the festival and on its
social media channels.
If an entered photograph wins or places (Best in Show to Honorable Mention) in any category of any division, the photographer or their guardian grants the Ward Museum, by acceptance of the award, a
high-resolution digital copy of the image (to be provided by you to the Ward Museum by July 31, 2020) and royalty-free, non-exclusive rights to:
• Display the photograph in its galleries and on its website, and to use the photograph in any of the Museum’s educational programs, publications, fund-raising, advertising, e-mails, social media outreach efforts, and other activities;
• Allow third-parties to share the photograph on social media;
• Provide the photograph to other individuals and organizations for Ward Museum-related use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, videos, and other; and
• Use the photographer’s name, city, and state in promotions and other activities in connection with any of the above activities,
• Best in Show, Division, Category, and People’s Choice (i.e. any first-place winning printed photograph) will remain at the Ward Museum and be added to the Museum’s collection once printed.
The Ward Museum will endeavor to credit all photographs with your full name and copyright date for winning photographs. The name, city, and state of a winning entry in the Youth division will be requested from a parent or guardian before publishing the name of any Youth division winner.