22nd Annual Coastal and Ocean Amateur Photography Contest
Four contest winners will be announced.
- Deadline: 17 July 2021
- Entry fee: Free
- Website: http://mycoastalphoto.com
Submit your photos of the scenic coast and Pacific Ocean off California, people and the California coast, or California ocean and coastal wildlife to the 22nd Annual California Coastal & Ocean Amateur Photography Contest! Entry is free and open to the public.
Summary of Guidelines:
- Images may be in color or black and white.
- Photographs must be taken from a public place.
- Plants and animals depicted should be native species in their natural setting.
- Photos of marine mammals must be taken at a distance of 50 yards away or more to avoid illegal disturbance or harassment.
- Up to five pictures may be submitted.
Entrants must earn less than 50 percent of their income from photography.
- Photographers will be giving non-exclusive rights to their photo, with photographer credit.
Four contest winners will be announced. Online voters will pick one Viewers' Choice winner, while Judges' Choice winners will be selected for first through third place. Winners will select from the following donated prize packages:
- Four tickets for a San Diego whale watch cruise, courtesy of San Diego Whale Watch; and four tickets for a kayak or paddleboard wildlife tour of Mission Bay, courtesy of Aqua Adventures.
- Two tickets for a Santa Barbara whale watch cruise, courtesy of Condor Express; two tickets for a Morro Bay kayak tour, courtesy of Central Coast Outdoors; and two tickets for a winery tour, courtesy of Malibu Wine Hikes.
- Two tickets for a Moss Landing whale watch cruise, courtesy of Sea Goddess Whale Watching; one stand-up paddleboard lesson courtesy of 510 Waterline, Richmond; and one Tomales Bay double kayak adventure, courtesy of Blue Waters Kayaking.
- Two tickets for a Monterey whale watching cruise courtesy of Discovery Whale Watch; a stand up paddleboard or kayak rental, courtesy of SeaTrek Sausalito; a kayak rental courtesy of Stacked Adventures, Alameda; and two stand-up paddle board classes and rentals, courtesy of Mike's Paddle, Alameda.
The contest is open to amateur photographers, defined as receiving 50% or less of their income from photography.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
By entering this contest, each contest entrant agrees to grant the California Coastal Commission and the Thank You Ocean Campaign a perpetual, royalty-free, nonexclusive and irrevocable license to use, reproduce, adopt, distribute, publish, use in the creation of derivative works, use in advertising or for commercial purposes, and display the Photograph(s), or any part of it, and to grant to any third party a coextensive sublicense to use the Photograph(s) for governmental or educational purposes or for promoting public awareness of the coast and ocean.