Bird in Flight Prize: award for unconventional photographers
2,000 euros for your story
- Deadline: 9 September 2018
- Entry fee: €10
- Website: https://prize.birdinflight.com/
Bird in Flight Prize is an international award for innovative approach in creating a photo story. Our goal is to support photographers who think outside the box of traditional artistic standards. The contest is not about photoprojects that cater to the existing general demand. It's about discovering new ways to tell a story using the means and tools of photography.
Bird in Flight Prize panel of judges:
1. Maarten Schilt, the Netherlands, a founder and director of Schilt Publishing.
2. Hester Keijser, the Netherlands, independent curator, author.
3. Arnis Balčus, Latvia, photographer, teacher, chief editor, director of Riga Photomonth Festival.
4. Sasha Kurmaz, Ukraine, photographer, artist.
5. Roman Pyatkovka, Ukraine, photographer, artist.
6. Donald Weber, Canada, photographer, professor.
7. Roger Ballen, the South African Republic, photographer, artist.
The main award of the Bird in Flight Prize is 2,000 euros.
Ten series from the short list will be featured on the website of Bird in Flight, published in the catalogue Photo Kyiv, and displayed at the exhibition which will take place at the Photo Kyiv fair event 1-4 Nov.
There will be a special nomination, courtesy of partner of the contest Panasonic. The winner will be determined by open voting through the website of the competition. Prize for this nomination will be camera Panasonic Lumix G9.
Photographers from all over the globe are welcome to participate. There are no restrictions when it comes to themes and subject matter.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
Ten series from the short list will be featured on the website of Bird in Flight, published in the catalogue Photo Kyiv, and displayed at the exhibition which will take place at the Photo Kyiv fair event.