British Wildlife Photography Awards 2017
The £20,000 prize fund includes products from lead sponsor Canon.
- Deadline: 3 June 2017
- Entry fee: Young Photographer: up to 6 images, free. 1 image - £10. Up to 5 images, £15.
- Website: https://www.bwpawards.org/
The British Wildlife Photography Awards were established in 2009. The key aims of the Awards are to:
- Recognise the talents of photographers practicing in the UK, while at the same time highlight the great wealth and diversity of Britain’s natural history.
- Celebrate British wildlife, in all its beauty and diversity, through a collection of inspirational photographs.
- Showcase the very best of our nature photography to a wide audience and engage all ages with evocative and powerful imagery.
- Encourage discovery, exploration, conservation and enjoyment of our natural heritage.
- Raise awareness about British biodiversity, species and habitats.
There are fifteen separate categories including animal behaviour, urban wildlife, habitat, wild woods, animal portraits, marine life, the hidden secret world that lies in the undergrowth and a special award for wildlife in HD Video. Also two junior categories - to encourage young people to connect with nature through photography.
The winning pictures and best entries will be included in a touring exhibition across the UK and a stunning coffee table book.
The title of British Wildlife Photographer is given to the photographer whose single image is judged to be the most striking and memorable of all the entries. The photographer of the overall winning image is awarded a first prize of £5,000.
It is open to all professional and amateur photographers of any nationality. Entrants to the Adult competition must be aged 19 or over on the day the competition closes.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
By entering the competition, you grant BWPA and its sponsors and supporters a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose directly connected with the competition. This may include, but is not limited to: inclusion in a book of winning and commended images; display at exhibitions; display on a web browser for judging purposes; on the BWPA website and on the websites of sponsors and supporters; on social media used by BWPA, its sponsors and supporters; for use in releases to be distributed to national, regional & specialist press and other media giving information about or promoting the competition.