Climate Change Photo Essay Prize
Winners will have their work shown at a curated exhibition
- Deadline: 30 April 2023
- Entry fee: Free
- Website: https://theafricasoftpowerproject.com/photoprize/
The first annual Climate Change Photo Essay Prize is open for entries until 30th April 2023. The prize is open to young people aged 18 to 30 from Africa and its diaspora. Entrants do not need to be professional photographers or artists — all are encouraged to enter.
Climate change is one of the most important issues of our time, and the objective behind the prize is to encourage young people to engage with the issue in their local communities. For that reason, we are thrilled to launch the prize with the theme: Climate change and your community. Entrants are asked to submit a photo essay of three to five photographs that tell a cohesive story and address the theme.
The list of judges will be released soon. The judges seek entries that best depict the theme and convey a compelling story/message and winning entries will be announced at the Africa Soft Power Summit in Kigali in May 2023.
The Climate Change Photo Essay Prize is run by Africa Soft Power (ASP), in association with the African Women Board (AWB) as part of the ‘Road to 100 Million Climate Soldiers in Africa’ campaign.
- Entrants must be aged 18 to 30 on the closing date. You do not need to be a professional photographer to participate in this contest
Photo content must be appropriate to the theme
- Each photo essay submitted is to consist of three (minimum) to five (maximum) images
- We suggest only those images required to tell the story are included in the submission
- Unnecessary images may reduce the overall impact of the photo essay
- The photos must be yours. Do not use other people’s photos or plagiarize
- Entries will be judged on the basis of effectiveness in conveying the story through the narrative composition, technique, content, and originality of well-edited images
Winners will have their work shown at a curated exhibition held later this year.
The prize is open to young people aged 18 to 30 from Africa and its diaspora. Entrants must be aged 18 to 30 on the closing date.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
Applicants retain full image copyrights.