Esperanza Pertusa Photo Contest
There is a first prize of €1,500
- Deadline: 15 May 2022
- Entry fee: Free
- Website: http://www.fundacionesperanzapertusa.org/concurso/
The Fundación Esperanza Pertusa convenes the Second Edition of the “Esperanza Pertusa International Photography Competition”, after a first edition involving more than 60 artists from all over the world submitting 182 photos about poverty and social exclusion that go straight to the heart.
The goal of this competition is to reward and disseminate the work of professional or amateur photographers inspiring positive social transformation by addressing the poverty and social exclusion experienced by millions of human beings across the world.
Learning about the reality of the situation is the first step to raising awareness and performing actions, however small, which may lead to transformation. This photography competition is intended to reward and incentivise professional and amateur photographers who familiarise us with that reality through their work, capturing the viewer with the power of the gaze, encouraging us to learn more about the subject, and ultimately inviting us to be part of the force for social transformation.
Photographers of legal age of any nationality from any place of residence may submit for the Esperanza Pertusa Photography Prize original and unpublished colour or black and white photos taken using any technique on the subject of poverty and social exclusion, as long as those photos have not previously won prizes in other competitions.
The jury comprises Isabel Muñoz, a renowned Spanish photographer who won the Spanish National Photography Prize 2016 and two World Press Photo awards; Claude Bussac, Managing Director of Festivals and Exhibitions at PhotoEspaña; and Ana Palacios, winner of the First Edition of the Esperanza Pertusa International Photography Competition, and journalist and documentary photographer specialising in human rights matters.
There is a first prize of €1,500 and two runner-up prizes of €500.
Decision of the Jury: 13-17 June 2022 Announcement of the decision: 20-23 June 2022
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
1. The copyright of the works submitted to the competition must be held by their authors. The Fundación Esperanza Pertusa will be held harmless against any liability arising from plagiarism or any other infringement of the legislation in force which may befall the works, including infringements of the data protection act and the right to privacy.
2. By participating in the competition, the photographers agree to the photos submitted being publicly exhibited on the website of the Fundación Esperanza Pertusa, which is bound to state the name of the photographer in any event and in any format.
3. The prize-winning works will become the intellectual property of the Fundación Esperanza Pertusa, which may copy them, exhibit them and use them for publicity purposes. The photographer and the year the prize was awarded will always be stated.
4. The Fundación Esperanza Pertusa may stage an exhibition of a selection of prize-winning and non-prize-winning works. Competition participants will be informed of the staging of that exhibition, stating the venue, the dates, the possibility that each author may sell their work and the conditions of sale.
The Fundación Esperanza Pertusa may publish a catalogue of that exhibition to be integrated into its activities report.