#EyeCareEverywhere Photo Competition
Send us eye care photos for World Sight Day 2018!
- Deadline: 11 October 2018
- Entry fee: Free
- Website: http://photocomp.iapb.org
The #EyeCareEverywhere Photo Competition, is the fourth photo competition organised for World Sight Day. The competition is open to Professional and Amateur photographers and is organised by IAPB.
Send us your photos with the theme #EyeCareEverywhere before 11th October 2018.
This competition started in 2015 and is held every year for World Sight Day. The competition has seen activity from over 600 participants, from 200 organizations in 89 countries.
What Makes this event different?
This event helps make a difference through photography by bringing about awareness of avoidable blindness and visual impairment.
After the immense success of our three successive photo competitions, the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) invites amateur and professional photographers from around the world to join us in celebrating the diversity of stakeholders and patients we reach. With support from Bayer Health Care, the theme for the international Photography Competition this year is ‘Eye Care Everywhere’.
We know now that 1.2 billion people don’t have access to glasses. Over 3 out of 4–more than 75%–of the world’s vision impaired are avoidably so. The photo competition is a great tool to draw a spotlight on eye care issues across the globe and those who are vulnerable to sight conditions—young children, persons with diabetes, older people, people with limited access to health services etc. With the theme, “#EyeCareEverywhere”, IAPB encourages you to share images that highlight the impact, and strength of our partnerships and most importantly highlight the importance of vision everywhere in the world.
World Sight Day (11 October 2018) is an international day of awareness about avoidable blindness and its prevention and is an important advocacy and communications opportunity for the eye health community. It is a great time to engage with a wider audience – a patient’s family, those who seldom get an eye exam, diabetics – and showcase why eye health needs everybody’s attention.
Participation in the competition is open worldwide – upload a photo that best exemplifies eyecare everywhere, give it a title or caption; clearly note your name, profession and contact details on the competition micro-site: http://photocomp.iapb.org
- Professional category: is USD 1000
- Amateur category: Canon 1200 D DSLR.
Runners up will receive certificates
A IAPB Council of Members 2018 Delegates’ Choice certificate will also be awarded to the photo receiving the highest number of votes at the Council of Members held in Hyderabad.
Submissions must be made by respondents over the age of 18 (Eighteen). Those under 18, must have the permission of their parent/guardian. The Professional prize is not open to respondents under 18. By submitting an entry to the Competition you confirm that you own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
By submitting an entry to the Competition, You grant IAPB:
- Permission for your entry to be published on IAPB websites including but not limited to iapb.org and IAPB social media sites and you grant IAPB a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License to use, republish, edit and/or modify your Competition entry in any/all media for purposes connected with the Competition and as described in these Terms and Conditions (including as described under ‘Prizes’ paragraph above);
- The right to use your name and country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner of the Competition.
People Photojournalism Black and White Documentary Portrait Self-Portrait