Getty Images #ShowUs Grant: Body Positivity
Two $5,000 prizes awarded
- Deadline: 24 October 2021
- Entry fee: Free
- Website: https://grants.gettyimages.com/en/grants/showus-grant-body-positivity
With Getty Images’ mission to move the world, we are partnering with Dove to promote diversity within creative commercial photography and videography, elevating the work and the voices of women, femmes and non‑binary artists. The #ShowUs Grant provides financial support and mentorship to artists who are committed to authentically representing women, femmes and non‑binary individuals in commercial photography and videography.
The #ShowUs Grant is dedicated to promoting the work of emerging women, femmes and non‑binary commercial photographers and videographers. Judges will be looking for submissions which shatter stereotypes and conventions via Body Positivity – let’s celebrate the unique journeys of what it means to exist as women, femmes and non‑binary people in the world. We wish to honour the full spectrum of diverse experiences – from thriving in one’s body, to having a more challenging relationship to it – all experiences are valid, welcome, and appreciated. Judges will give particular consideration to photographers and videographers who are depicting authentic stories of women, femmes and non‑binary individuals in their local communities.
Project #ShowUs is a global library of images created by women, femmes and non‑binary photographers devoted to shattering beauty stereotypes around the world. Created in partnership with Dove this global collection is 100% created by and representing women, femmes and non‑binary individuals as they are, not as others believe they should be.
- Two $5,000 prizes awarded
- The successful recipients will be invited to license their award‑winning content through GettyImages.com and iStock.com at a 100% royalty rate for imagery created within their proposed project (please see T&Cs for details). This is subject to you entering into a separate agreement with Getty Images allowing for the distribution of your content.
- Winners who choose to license their imagery will receive guidance and mentorship from one of Getty Images’ award‑winning Art Directors, as well as a feature on the Getty Images Creative Insights website, in addition to promotion on relevant Getty Images and iStock social channels. Please note, this additional support is not a requirement of the #ShowUs Grant and choosing to take advantage of this opportunity is at your discretion.
The Getty Images #ShowUs Grant is open to individuals who (i) are of a country or jurisdiction in which the competition fully satisfies all legal requirements for a contest of this nature; and (ii) are of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of date of entry.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
No materials and ideas contained within the application will be used by Getty Images, Dove or grant judges for any purpose other than the grant review and
selection process and for publicity