International Fine Art Photography Competition
Get exposure and recognition for your fine art photo work!
- Deadline: 31 March 2017
- Entry fee: 25 euros standard submissions/ 20 euros for student competitions
- Website: http://internationalfineartphoto.org/
Our mission is to discover new talent in fine art photography and to provide recognition, exposure, and support to emerging and mid-career photographers in following their passion.
Part of moving forward as a photographic artist is exhibiting your work, seeing your images presented in quality publications, and having your work seen by curators, gallery owners, and collectors. The de Groot Foundation established the International Fine Art Photography competition in 2012 to promote these goals, and to provide the recognition that supports deserving artists on their creative journey.
Clydette and Charles de Groot along with the Paris based American fine art photographer, writer, and teacher, Meredith Mullins co-created the International Fine Art Photography Competition. Meredith Mullins’ work is exhibited internationally, and she is the author of the award winning photography book In A Paris Moment. The de Groot Foundation remains a sponsor of the competition and Meredith Mullins serves on the competition management team.
In 2016 management of the competition was transferred to Paris College of Art, an independently accredited and US-degree granting institution of higher education located in Paris, France. Paris College of Art prepares an international student body for Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in the art and design disciplines, including fine art photography and fashion photography. New additions to the competition under PCA’s management are two categories for prospective graduate students, who can win a scholarship to study for their Master of Art degree at Paris College of Art.
All finalists selected by the jury in each category will have their winning submission:
• Exhibited in Paris in November 2017 during the international photography event: PARIS PHOTO.
• Accepted into the prestigious permanent collection of the Bibliothèque nationale de France.
• Exhibited in the International Fine Art Photography on-line gallery and social media community
• Receive an award certificate
Captured Human Experience, Staged Human Experience, Built & Natural Environments, Constructed Reality
There will be three winners in each of the four categories:
• First prize is a € 1,500 cash award, and reimbursement of up to € 2,000 in travel expenses for the winner to travel to the exhibit in Paris in November 2017.
• Second prize is a € 1,000 cash award.
• Third prize is a € 500 cash award.
Student Competition: Fashion Photography, Student Competition: Photography &
There will be one winner of each of these two categories:
• One winner will receive a € 7000 scholarship for the Paris College of Art MA/MFA in Photography & Image-making
• One winner will receive a € 7000 scholarship for the Paris College of Art MA in Fashion Film & Photography.
To be eligible for this competition you must meet the following criteria: • Be 18 years of age at the date of submission • Submit original work • Declare that you do not have any conflicts of interest (e.g.,. you are not an employee or immediate family member of the competition organizers) • Professional photographers are not eligible to participate For the purposes of the competition, we define a professional photographer as someone who earns more than 75% of their income through photography or has had a solo exhibition in a major museum. Group shows in major museums, solo shows in smaller museums and galleries, museum acquisitions and museum donations are acceptable. • Employees of Paris College of Art at the time of submission are not eligible to participate.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
For winning images, release forms must be made available to the competition organizers for all images that feature recognizable individuals. Failure to produce necessary release forms may result in the image being disqualified for exhibition and publication.
• By entering the competition, entrants grant the International Fine Art Photography (IFAP) competition royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide rights to reproduce submitted images for promotional and exhibition purposes for up to 3 (three) years, including, but not limited to:
– Publication in the on-line gallery of the IFAP website
– Press releases promoting the current and future competitions
– News stories about the event on the Paris College of Art website and electronic newsletter
– Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media sites managed by the IFAP competition organizers
• All submissions will be credited when reproduced. Should any usage beyond those needed to promote the competition arise, a license will be negotiated with the creator independently of the competition. Entrants’ moral rights are respected.
Images displayed in the exhibition will be credited to the creator.
• Creators retain all copyrights to their work. All submissions will be credited to the creator when reproduced.
Abstract Architecture Alternative process Black and White Cityscapes Conceptual Digital Art Documentary Fashion Environmental Fine Art Landscape Multi-categories Nature Open Theme People Portrait Photomanipulation Seascapes Urban