MAGNUM PHOTOGRAPHY AWARDS 2017
$3,000 for each winning Series
- Deadline: 16 May 2017
- Entry fee: SINGLE - $20 USD; 5+ SINGLES - $50 USD; SERIES - $60 USD
- Website: https://www.lensculture.com/magnum-photography-awards-2017
LensCulture and legendary photography agency Magnum Photos are seeking the best in global contemporary photography for the second annual Magnum Photography Awards.
Photographers working at all levels are eligible to participate—professionals, emerging talents, students and passionate amateurs. Likewise, photographers of all ages and all cultures are encouraged to take part in this worldwide celebration of talented image-makers.
Our distinguished international jury will select 12 Winners, 8 Jurors’ Picks and 20 Finalists. Awards will be given in six categories: Documentary, Street, Portrait, Fine Art, Photojournalism and Open.
Magnum and LensCulture have worked hard to make this year’s edition an unparalleled opportunity for exposure and recognition. Our official media partner BBC Culture will be sharing top submissions throughout the competition to their global audience of 3.5 million and then will publish a series of features on selected winners. In addition, all the Winners, Finalists and Jurors’ Picks will be digitally exhibited at the Photographers’ Gallery in London.
The winning photographers will also receive exclusive access to Magnum photographers’ workshops around the world and have their work shown to industry insiders online and at festivals all over the globe. These Awards aim to offer an unprecedented level of international exposure from two of the largest organizations in the photographic community. So, don’t delay, enter now!
Cash & Recognition Awards
• Series Awards: $3,000 for each winning Series in the following categories: Documentary, Portrait, Street, Photojournalism, Fine Art and Open
• Single Image Awards:$1,500 for each winning Single Image in the following categories: Documentary, Portrait, Street, Photojournalism, Fine Art and Open
• Jurors’ Picks: Each Juror will personally select one photographer to be awarded this special distinction.
And many other exclusive benefits for winners.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
All photographers retain full copyrights for their own work.
You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of your name and winning images for the purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity for LensCulture, Magnum Photos and the competition without additional compensation. Such requests will not be unreasonably withheld.