Monochrome Awards 2023
Grand Prix: $2000 + $1000
- Deadline: 2 July 2023
- Entry fee: Amateur $17 / Professional $22
- Website: https://monoawards.com
You are invited to enter the 10th annual B&W photography awards.
The connection of Black and White Photography with tradition and timeless values is beyond contestation. Since its infancy, black and white photography was not only the craft but primarily the art, where ideas conjured in the artist’s imagination is immortalized through the lens of their camera.
Over a dozen categories allow entrants to specify definitions of photographic specializations and their large diversity allows adequate representation of photographers in several key areas. As a pillar and cradle of photography, Black and White photography is evidently a product of a great tradition. It requires experience, ability to discern dependencies and subtleties of tone, and most of all, imagination.
Our mission is to search for talent while promoting photographers, both professionals and amateurs alike, to present their work among the best monochrome photographers on earth. In addition to the financial rewards, our winners also get full support in the area of promotion and furthering down one’s career path.
- Monochrome Photographer of the Year: $2000 cash
- Monochrome Discovery of the Year: $1000 cash
- The work of the first, second and third place winners (together with further entries that the judges feel are worthy of commendation) from both the professional and amateur categories will be published in the Monochrome Photography Awards annual book. All names of the Honorable Mention winners will also be included in the book.
We are open to all points of view, all levels of expertise, and all ideas of black and white photography.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
Copyright of the images will remain at all times with the photographer.
Abstract Architecture Alternative process Black and White Cityscapes Conceptual Documentary Fashion Fine Art Landscape Nature Nudes People Portrait Photomanipulation Photojournalism Seascapes Street Travel Underwater Urban Wildlife