Patient Portraits: A New You
Patient Portraits: A New You raising awareness of heart valve disease
- Deadline: 2 April 2018
- Entry fee: Free
- Website: http://www.heartvalvevoice.com/photo-competition
Photography Competition: ‘Patient Portraits: A New You’
The Royal Photographic Society and UK charity, Heart Valve Voice, are hosting a nationwide photography competition that aims to raise awareness of heart valve disease and educate audiences that with appropriate treatment, patients can return to a good quality of life. This unique competition provides anyone over 18 with an interest in photography with the opportunity to be paired with a local heart valve disease patient to capture images depicting life after heart valve disease and highlighting the quality of life re-gained after treatment.
Entrants will be in with the chance to have their photos exhibited at the Houses of Parliament and at hospital heart clinics across the UK, as part of a road show to celebrate the first European Heart Valve Disease Awareness Day later in 2018.
The competition is twofold:
1. Photographers from regions across the UK can enter by submitting up to 5 images of precious moments in life (company of loved ones, past times, holidays, celebration of new life etc.) via https://heartvalvevoice.com/photo-competition
2. Successful regional entrants will then be paired with a local heart valve disease patient and tasked with creating a short photo documentary to show what life after heart valve disease means
No experience with heart valve disease is required just an urge to help raise awareness of the condition and a passion for photography!
No monetary prize. Finalists and winner will have photos exhibited at Houses of Parliament and at Heart Clinics across the UK.
Over 18 and resident in the UK
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
• Photograph entries will be used for regional and national media outreach as well as on social media, and final entries will be exhibited at the Grand Final at the Houses of Parliament. The exhibition may also be taken on tour to the supporting hospital clinics in each region to gain further regional media coverage.
• The photographer grants the organisers a world-wide, non-exclusive licence for a period of up to three years to use submitted images in connection with the competition and the activities of Heart Valve Voice.
• Submitted images will not be used commercially without the agreement of the photographer and subject(s).