Winners will receive $4,000 in cash awards
- Deadline: 9 October 2022
- Entry fee: $35 for the first three images
- Website: https://www.nyc4pa.com/copy-of-black-and-white
RED, YELLOW, and BLUE balloons were the trademark of Wonder Bread for 1950s TV kids. They are also the three basic paint colors an artist needs. Although mixed together you can create a world of color, each stands out on its own as an important visual element.
This competition is about images in which one of these colors is a critical component. You will submit each image into one of the categories RED, YELLOW or BLUE. Possibilities include - black and white photographs with a single point of color, a red, yellow or blue monochrome, essentially any image where red, yellow or blue stands out as an important part of the composition. Is the blue sky a main element of your image, a red ball or maybe a funky pair of yellow sunglasses? Have you modified a print to be all shades of red? Be creative and send us your best!
- Grand Prize: One photographer will receive $1,100. The image will be featured on the home page of the NYC4PA website.
- First Prize: 3 photographers, one each in RED, YELLOW and BLUE, will receive $400.
- Second Prize: 3 photographers, one each in RED, YELLOW and BLUE, will each receive $325.
- Third Prize: 3 photographers, one each in RED, YELLOW and BLUE, will each receive $250.
This Call for Entries is open worldwide to both amateur and professional photographers. NYC4PA invites photographers working in all mediums, styles and schools of thought to participate. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. Only 2-D work is eligible.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
By submitting you grant NYC4PA the right to use your image(s) for promotion and advertisement of NYC4PA as well as inclusion in the NYC4PA catalog and online gallery if the image is prize winning, juror selection or honorable mention. The photographer retains all rights to the image.