Shoreline Arts Alliance’s IMAGES 2019
Connecticut's oldest photography competition
- Deadline: 17 March 2019
- Entry fee: Priced by number of photos - member and student discounts available. See website for details.
- Website: https://www.shorelinearts.org/images
Shoreline Arts Alliance presents Connecticut’s oldest photography competition, IMAGES 2019. IMAGES is a state-wide photography competition open to Connecticut resident. The competition is juried by a group of out of state judges who pick works to hang in the month long exhibition in Guilford, CT. Awards are given to certain pieces chosen by the judges. Submissions are in person on Friday, March 15 from 4 pm – 8pm, Saturday, March 16 from 10 am – 4 pm, and Sunday, March 17 from 10 am – 4 pm. Online application should be submitted before drop off can be made in person. Please visit www.shorelinearts.org/images for more information on submission guidelines, cost, dates, and the application.
- Four $500 First Honor prizes
- One Ann Christensen prize, named in honor of our former Executive Director (1984-1996), is chosen by the jurors and awarded to a photographer “whose work makes a lasting impression.”
- Honorable Mention recognition
- One Peoples' Choice Award is awarded to the audience favortite and recieves free admission into the next year's IMAGES competition
CT state resident
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
All photographs entered in the competition are the sole ownership of the artist until purchased by a viewer at the exhibition. Shoreline Arts Alliance does not claim ownership to any of the submitted works.
Shoreline Arts Alliance reserves the right to use photographs of work and digital copies of work, provided by artist, for the purpose of marketing and promoting Shoreline Arts Alliance as an organization and IMAGES as a program. Proper labeling and credit will be given to the artists when an image Is used. No other persons outside of Shoreline Arts Alliance has a right to use these works for promotional purposes unless it is in direct relation to the IMAGES exhibition.
Aerial Abstract Architecture Alternative process Black and White Cityscapes Conceptual Culture Digital Art Documentary Environmental Fashion Fine Art Film Landscape Macro/Micro Multi-categories Nature Nudes Open Theme Other Panoramic People Portrait Photomanipulation Photojournalism Self-Portrait Seascapes Sports Street Travel Underwater Urban Wildlife