The Bayeux Calvados-Normandy Award for War Correspondents 2019
A €7,000 prize is awarded in each category.
The Bayeux Calvados-Normandy award for war correspondents rewards reports about a conflict situation or its impact on civilians, or news stories involving the defense of freedom and democracy. The report must have been made between 1 June 2018 and 31 May 2019.
The categories of media represented are: radio – photography – television (short and long formats) – written press and the young reporter prize (written press this year).
Seven prizes awarded by the international jury
- Written Press Prize sponsored by the Calvados Department – €7000
- Television Prize sponsored by Amnesty International – €7000
- Radio Prize sponsored by the D-Day Landing Committee – €7000
- Photo Prize sponsored by Nikon – €7000
- Grand format Television Prize – €7000
- Young reporter Prize - sponsored by Crédit Agricole Normandie – €3000
- Video image Prize - sponsored by Arte, France 24 and France Télévisions – €3000
Three special prizes:
- The Ouest-France – Jean Marin Prize (written press) - – €4000
- The Public Prize (photo) - sponsored by the Agence Française de Développement – €3000
- The Normandy Region secondary School Students’ Prize (television) – €3000
Copyrights & Usage Rights: