The Nature Conservancy’s 2022 Global Photo Contest
The Nature Conservancy's Global Photo Contest is back!
- Deadline: 31 August 2022
- Entry fee: Free
- Website: https://www.nature.org/en-us/get-involved/how-to-help/photo-contest/
Join us for The Nature Conservancy's 2022 Global Photo Contest! Your photos can show the world the beauty of biodiversity, the value of ecosystems and the resilience of people. Join a community of photographers, get judged by the best in the industry and win great prizes.
Entries will be considered from the following categories:
- People and Nature: A person or people in an outdoor setting or the impact of people in nature, such as a building or other human-made construction.
- Landscape: Should give us a sense of place and show the world around you. Could include people or wildlife but the primary focus of the image should be the landscape.
- Water: Should celebrate water in all its forms. Could be part of a landscape and include people or wildlife but water should be the primary focus of the image.
- Wildlife: Includes mammals, birds, amphibians, reptiles, insects, and aquatic animals. Images of domestic animals and captive animals photographed in zoos and commercial game farms are not permitted.
- Plants or Fungi: Includes any plant or fungus in its environment. Includes flowers, trees, shrubs, and vegetation in general, as well as lichen, and fungi such as mushrooms.
- Climate: Should showcase our changing world and highlight the causes and effects of global warming.
One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive directly from Extreme-E (NOTE: TNC is not responsible for delivery of this prize, and thanks Extreme-E for providing this prize directly to the Winner. Any and all inquiries or issues about this prize must be directed directly to Extreme-E, not TNC.):
• Admission ticket to Extreme-E’s Uruguay Race: Provide entrance as spectator and cover round trip air travel to Punta del Este, Uruguay (Economy category with precise dates/times at Extreme-E’s discretion), and three nights of lodging in Punta del Este, for Photo Contest winner to attend Extreme-E’s Uruguay Race in Punta del Este on November 26-27, 2022.
One (1) Guest Judge Choice winner will receive:
• $5,000 USD Camera kit or camera kit gift card, as determined by The Conservancy in its sole discretion.
One (1) Celebrity Choice winner will receive:
• $2,500 gift card, as determined by The Conservancy in its sole discretion.
• 1:1 Zoom chat with Coyote Peterson, subject to Mr. Perterson’s scheduling availability.
Six (6) Category First Place winners (one (1) per category) will receive:
• $750USD Amazon, Mercado Libre or Alibaba gift card as determined by The Conservancy in its sole discretion.
Six (6) Category Second Place winners (one (1) per category) will receive:
• $500 USD Amazon, Mercado Libre or Alibaba gift card as determined by The Conservancy in its sole discretion.
The Nature Conservancy’s 2022 Photo Contest (“Photo Contest”) is open to all professional and amateur photographers who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. Trustees, Board Members, Employees, interns, or partners of The Nature Conservancy, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter. By submitting an entry to the Photo Contest, entrants certify that their participation in this Photo Contest is not illegal or in violation of any law, regulation, treaty or administrative act, and that the laws of their governing jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry do not prohibit or restrict the receipt of any Prize under this Photo Contest.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit—including ownership if applicable.