The Visual Art Open 2020
Cash prize of £1,000.00
- Deadline: 29 February 2020
- Entry fee: £15.00 per submission. £10.00 for entrants under 24 years old.
- Website: https://www.visualartopen.com/
The VAO art competition is a not for profit event open to both amateur and professional artists based in the UK and internationally. The aim is to give artists the ultimate platform to develop their passion and career in the arts sector. Finalists will benefit from exhibiting, selling and showcasing their work to art critics and art buyers alike.
All artists both UK & International are invited to apply for the Visual Art Open Prize, with a prize value of £5,000. Finalists will also be exhibited at Chester Arts Fair 2020.
Why Apply to the VAO20 Art Prize?
1. As all artists know, art competitions are a really great way to announce your presence into the art world. Applying to the VAO gives you the chance to showcase yourself and make connections with art enthusiasts, critics and purchasers alike.
2. The VAO offers a fun, constructive and professional environment in which to learn, to be inspired by other artists and build your own skills and self-confidence.
3. As each round of judging passes, your work will be promoted across our social media and website as well as the opportunity to be featured in regional and national press, opening your work to a greater audience.
4. You will have the chance to win not only a cash prize of £1000, but also a commercial mentoring package to further develop your work and career as an artist and a spot at next year’s Chester Arts Fair.
5. As a finalist your work will be included in our VAO brochures, a physical memento of the Chester Arts fair that every visitor will leave with.
- The overall winner of the VAO will be awarded: Cash prize of £1,000.00 to support the production of new works, plus stand space at Chester Art Fair 2021.
- £250.00 will be awarded for category winners.
Artists must be 18+ OR authorized by your legal guardian.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
VAO respects your rights and does not claim copyright for works you submit to the contest. You will retain full copyright in each entry.