Waterman Conservation Education Center 2019 #NatureNOW Photo Contest
Waterman Center #NatureNOW Photo Contest offering $2000 cash/prizes!
- Deadline: 11 November 2019
- Entry fee: Before mid-October $4/1 image or $20/6 images - Mid-October to Nov $5/1 image or $20/5 images
- Website: https://www.watermancenter.org/contest
• Plant life and landscape – images can be of any scale from macro to landscape to astronomic images
• Wildlife – images must feature one or more mammals, reptiles or amphibians – macro, micro or otherwise
• Birdlife – images must feature one or more birds
• People in Nature – people out hiking or otherwise enjoying nature.
• Waterman Properties – any nature image produced from one of our six nature reserves:
• Apalachin Marsh
• Brick Pond
• Hilton Road Interpretive Center and Trails
• IBM Glen
• Hiawatha Island
• Pettus Hill Preserve
Except for the Waterman Properties category, images can be photographed anywhere in the world, and beyond!
Contest submission is open to adults ages 18 and up. Youth entries, anyone younger than 18, are permitted with written consent from a parent or guardian.
Submit your jpeg images in any aspect ratio with the longest side no smaller than 1024 dpi. Image size must not exceed 4meg. Include your name, image category and image title.
For example, for entrant Kathy Smith, white-tailed deer photographed, filename:
Images must represent the scene as it appeared to the photographer. Minor editing is permitted, including contrast, brightness, sharpening, color, black and white, cropping. Sensor dust cleanup is permitted but no physical elements may be removed or added to the scene. Winners will be notified in early December and will be required to provide the raw or original jpg image.
You retain full copyright of your images. By entering this photo contest you are agreeing that Waterman Center may choose to display a print of your image in their contest gallery. At the end of the display period you will receive the printed image. Images may also be used in publicity surrounding the contest. Waterman Center will not use your images for any non-contest related purpose without express, written consent from the photographer.
Thanks to our very generous sponsors, we are offering cash and prizes exceeding $2000! Cash and giftcard prizes can be used nationwide.
There will be a total of 9 prize winners and 6 honorable mentions, awarded as follows:
1. Adult grand prize
2. One adult winner in each category (five total)
3. Youth 1st, 2nd and 3rd over all categories (three total)
4. Honorable mention will be recognized in each category and age group
Prizes will be divided amongst the winners and include:
• Cash Prizes of $200 for grand prize winner, $50 for each adult category winner. Youth will receive cash equivalent giftcards for $50 for first place and $25 for 2nd and 3rd
• Wild Birds Unlimited gift cards at $75 for grand prize and $25 youth 1st place
• Beyond the Print gift cards at $50 for grand prize winner, $25 for adult winner in each category, $25 for youth first place, $10 each youth 2nd and 3rd place.
• Free workshop admittance for one to a JW Johnston Photography workshop, "Composition Composition Composition" or "The Notion of Motion", a $100 value.
• Hunts Photo and Video - 6 x $50 gift cards
• One half-day one-on-one photography workshop with Teri Franzen of Teri Franzen Photography, tailorable by the winner. Instruction can include a field shoot, basic to advanced exposure techniques, beginner to advanced post-processing in Lightroom/Photoshop, portfolio reviews, etc.
• One half-day one-on-one photography workshop with Bill Baburchak of Long Creek Photography, tailorable by the winner. Instruction can include a field shoot, basic to advanced exposure techniques, post-processing, etc.
• ADATA 128 GB micro-SDXC cards with adaptor donated from Unicorn Electronics awarded one each to youth first, second and third place winners
• Two Rivers Photography Club one-year, single membership, a $40 value
• Red River Paper $50 gift card
• Each of the 9 winning images will be printed at Beyond the Print, mounted on a backboard and displayed in the interpretive center gallery. After the display period, each winner will receive his or her printed image.
The rules of ethical photography, especially when photographing wildlife, will be strictly enforced. Photos created through baiting or other questionable means will be disqualified. See further details about what is and isn't acceptable at the links on our contest web page.
The contest is open to amateur and professional photographers. Photographers under the age of 18 will require consent from a parent or legal guardian.
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
By submitting to this contest, you indicate that the images submitted were captured by you and that you have full copyright ownership. When entering, you retain full copyright of your images. Waterman Center may choose to display a print of winning images in their contest gallery. At the end of the display period of less than one year you will receive the printed image. Images may also be used in publicity surrounding the contest. Waterman Center will not use your images for any non-contest related purpose without express, written consent from the photographer.