WPPI First Half competition 2019
Receive priceless feedback from respected photographers and judges.
WPPI's First Half competition is the one of WPPI's two annual online competitions in which each image receives personal feedback from one of our world-renowned judges. Entering the First Half competition is the first step towards entering the Annual 16×20 Print, Album and Filmmaking competition and earning points toward the Honors of Excellence.
The winners of the First Half competition square off against the Second Half winners for the honor of taking home the Division Winner. This is awarded in four different divisions: Wedding, Portrait, Commercial, and Photojournalism. Sub-divisions include Senior Portraits, Illustrative, and Commercial Photography, among others.
The WPPI competition series culminates with live judging at WPPI's yearly conference, expo and gallery exhibition taking place in Las Vegas. Prizes include the Grand Awards and crystal trophies.
WHY YOU SHOULD ENTER THE COMPETITION:
- It encourages excellence, educates and motivates you to be constantly committed to your craft.
- Share your work with your peers for mutually beneficial inspiration and learning.
- Receive priceless feedback from respected photographers and judges.
- Be recognized by your peers for your achievements.
- Attend the live judging for an invaluable learning experience.
- The new rules for the competition place all entrants on a fair and level playing field.
- There are categories that respect and encourage all disciplines.
- Become a "Grand Master" of WPPI - the organization's highest honor!
- Win a category, win a Grand Award, receive a crystal trophy
- It's a fun, challenging and exciting way to share your work.
All First-Place winners will be featured in a gallery in the July/August 2019 issue of Rangefinder, First- Second- and Third-Place winners will be featured in an online gallery on wppiawards.com and Division winners will be honored at the 2020 WPPI Awards ceremony in Las Vegas.
Open to legal residents of the following countries who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence) and are professional or amateur photographers: 50 United States/DC (excluding AZ, MD, VT, ND, CO, NE, NJ, TN), Canada, Australia (excluding Tasmania), Belgium, Denmark, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom
Copyrights & Usage Rights:
By entering the Contest, each Entrant understands that they retain their copyright. Winners authorize Sponsor to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the photograph Entry in connection with Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including but not limited to: publication in Rangefinder® showcasing the winners; WPPI Annual Contest live gallery; the website and on wppionline.com; and in exhibits and promotions related to the Contest. Winners authorize Emerald Expositions Photo Group to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the photograph Entry in connection with the Content of the Contest through September 2020.